Request a quote

Case Studies

A Closer Look at the Enviropac™ System

April 21 2021

In recent years, there has been a shift in recognition when it comes to health and environmental concerns. Communities and businesses are more aware of the importance of sewage treatment systems than ever before. At Allied Pumps, we support the larger community across mining, commercial, and environmental industries.

We offer state-of-the-art instrumentation and process controls that are combined with the latest developments in treatment and disinfection technologies, both physical and chemical, to engineer cost-effective and reliable solutions to water and wastewater problems. We also supply advanced designed modular sewage and greywater treatment solutions from standardized components to meet individual customer specifications and ensure compliance with relevant World Health standards and local statutory requirements.

Our premium sewage solutions that can eliminate sewage and greywater problems and meet your business demands. In this blog, we hone-in on the Enviropac™ Commercial Sewage Treatment Plant, which offers low power usage; an ideal water treatment option in areas where power supply is limited or reliant on solar energy.

ENVIROPAC™ COMMERCIAL SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANT

The Enviropac™ wastewater treatment system, ideal for decentralised sewage schemes, significantly reduces BOD, TSS and Total Nitrogen to provide treated wastewater to better than Class ‘B’ standards. As the system is modular, it can be expanded to suit growing developments economically.

Enviropac™ leads the way in providing complete advanced treatment systems utilising fixed film media bio-modules to treat sewage and wastewater for cost-effective treatment and reuse purposes. The system can be adapted to virtually any water dispersal demand from 5,000 litres per day up to 500,000 litres per day.

How Does the Enviropac System Work?

The Enviropac™ system works in eight stages to treat wastewater to the highest International Standards:

  1. Primary Treatment

At the first stage, wastewater is pumped into an anaerobic tank where it is allowed to settle. The water is then pumped into a secondary tank through the Enviropac-EF Series Effluent Filter, reducing BOD by 20-45% and TSS by 50-90%.

  1. Secondary Treatment/Emergency Storage

From the second tank, the effluent is gravity fed through dual coarse effluent filters, removing remaining suspended matter in preparation for storage in the emergency storage tank.

  1. Emergency Storage Tank

The emergency storage tank acts as a buffer between anaerobic- and aerobic- treatment zones of the Enviropac™ system. This allows for greater control over the amount of effluent fed through the aerobic treatment modules and therefore more consistent results in the quality of the final product.

  1. Treatment Bio-Modules and Microdosing

Effluent from the recirculation tank is pressure-dosed to the aerobic treatment module. The treatment modules use helical spray nozzles to distribute effluent across treatment media in frequent, evenly measured doses, allowing optimal contact time with beneficial organisms.

  1. Splitter Pump Station

80% of the effluent is recirculated through the anaerobic treatment zone to remove further BOD, TSS, TN, and coliform bacteria, while the remaining 20% is pumped into the irrigation tank. The spray nozzles in each module deliver around 30 doses per minute, with a pump delivering around 180 litres per minute. The rate of 20% discharge per dose results in a minimum of 106 cycles every 24 hours delivered into the final dispersal tank.

  1. Irrigation Storage Tank

The 20% of flow that is diverted through the splitter/transfer pump station goes into the final discharge irrigation tank, and treated effluent is constantly recirculated and sanitised. Treated effluent is then transferred into the irrigation drip-field/spray-field network.

  1. Ozone Sanitation System

The Enviropac Sanitisation Package system doses the discharge stream with oxidising agents before depositing in the Final Discharge Irrigation Tank, where contact time continues until discharged. For oxidising agents, the system uses either chlorine or ozone through an ozone generation system.

  1. Storage / Irrigation

The final product can be pumped into a storage tank or directly to an effluent disposal field.

Contact Us Today

For more information about the Enviropac™ system or to learn more about any of our sewage and greywater treatments, call us on 1800 335 550 or email us at [email protected].

Contact the Allied Pumps Team

Contact us to learn about how we can help you with your pump needs.

CALL US NOW EMAIL US